SARBI currently has 25 participants in Saskatoon and 21 in Regina. The process to becoming a participant is as follows:
- Applicants must be diagnosed as brain injured as a result of an insult, such as an accident, MVA, anoxia, or tumour.
- A complete physician's referral form must accompany any application.
- Applicants must be independent of life support systems.
- Applicants must not be considered a danger to self or others.
- The applicant or the applicant's legal guardian must provide consent for participation.
- The applicant must be over eighteen years of age.
- Admission to SARBI programs will be contingent upon the assessment findings of SARBI Rehabilitation Consultants.
- All participants will be subject to a three-month trial period with the exception of those who are participating in a behaviour management program. Then the client is subject to a one-month trial period.
- Exception to the above guidelines may be made at the discretion of the Executive Director/Program Coordinator after the initial assessment.
Priority for Day Program will be given to:
- Those who are under 35 years of age.
- Those who are deemed an elopement risk.
Please note that SARBI will not be responsible for the cost of transportation to and from the program facility.